We know it’s a sensitive topic but, Valentine’s Day may be the perfect day to be reminded that taking care of your sexual health is extremely important – not only for you but also for your partner. Here are some alarming statistics that may hit you harder than cupid’s arrow:
- There are more than 19 million new cases of STDs every year in the U.S.
- One in two people will get an STD by the age of 25
- Less than half of adults ages 18 to 44 have ever been tested for an STD other than HIV/AIDS
- The most common STDs are asymptomatic, meaning the infected person can live many years with minimal to no symptoms
When Should You Be Tested?
- You have a new sexual partner
- You have unprotected sex
- You’re sexually active with more than one partner
- Your partner has had many sex partners
- You have a sexual partner that has been diagnosed with an STD in the past year
- You’re pregnant
The good news is, all STDs are treatable and most can be cured. But first, you must take the initial step to protect your health by being tested!
AFC Urgent Care in Waltham, MA offers quick, convenient, and confidential STD testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Herpes, HIV, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C – 7 days a week, from 8am to 8pm, with no appointment needed. One of our board-certified physicians will consult with you to determine which test (or tests) is most appropriate. We also offer a bundled and discounted full STD work up.
Don’t wait until you’re showing symptoms. If you think you’re at risk, or would just like some peace of mind, come in to see one of our physicians today!